Vighnesh Walavalkar, MD
Pathology, Box 0102
505 Parnassus Avenue, Suite M-545
San Francisco, CA 94143
My clinical interests in renal pathology include native kidney diseases and kidney transplantation. My clinical interests in cytopathology include performing and interpreting fine needle aspiration biopsies including ultrasound guided FNA. My research interests include clinical and histologic aspects of renal diseases, kidney transplantation and cancer.
- Dvanajscak Z, Karl BE, Sanchez AP, Walavalkar V. IgA-Dominant Glomerulopathy and Thrombotic Microangiopathy After Chemotherapy. Kidney International Reports 2018 Mar; 3:492–497.
- Fadare O, Roma AA, Parkash V, Zheng W, Walavalkar V. Does a p53 "Wild-type" Immunophenotype Exclude a Diagnosis of Endometrial Serous Carcinoma? Adv Anat Pathol. 2018 Jan; 25(1):61-70. PMID: 28945609
- Kato S, Goodman A, Walavalkar V, Barkauskas DA, Sharabi A, Kurzrock R. Hyperprogressors after Immunotherapy: Analysis of Genomic Alterations Associated with Accelerated Growth Rate. Clin Cancer Res. 2017 Aug 01; 23(15):4242-4250. PMID: 28351930. PMCID: PMC5647162
- Nael A, Walavalkar V, Wu W, Nael K, Kim R, Rezk S, Zhao X. CD4-Positive T-Cell Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma in an HIV Positive Patient. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016 Feb; 145(2):258-65. PMID: 27124906
- Walavalkar V, Stockl T, Owens CL, Manning M, Papa D, Li A, Khan A, Liu Y. Absence or Presence of High-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion in Cervical Conization Specimens: A Clinicopathologic Study of 540 Cases. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016 Jan; 145(1):96-100. PMID: 26712876