Raga Ramachandran, MD, PhD
Pathology, Box 0102
513 Parnassus Avenue, Room S-564A
San Francisco, CA 94143
- Departmental Career Advisor, UCSF School of Medicine
- Faculty Advisor, Pathology Student Interest Group
My clinical work is in diagnostic surgical pathology with an emphasis on liver and gastrointestinal disease. I review in-house biopsy and surgical cases and am part of the Liver/GI consultation service. I am the San Francisco site pathologist for the Hepatitis B Research Network, a consortium of hospitals with expertise in caring for those with chronic hepatitis B virus infection, approximately 0.3-0.5% of US residents. My education research currently focuses on the impact of the Academy of Medical Educators endowed chair program on former holders of these chair positions.
- Zhang Y, Yang L, MacKenzie JD, Ramachandran R, Chen DZ. A seeding-searching-ensemble method for gland segmentation in H&E-stained images. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2016 Jul 21;16 Suppl 2:80. doi: 10.1186/s12911-016-0312-5.
- Phelps A, Ramachandran R, Courtier J, Perito E, Rosenthal P, MacKenzie JD. Ultrasound elastography: is there a shear wave speed cutoff for pediatric liver fibrosis and inflammation? Clin Imaging. 2016 Oct 17; 41:95-100. PMID: 27840268
- Perito E, Vase T, Ramachandran R, Phelps A, Jen KY, Lustig R, Feldstein V, Rosenthal P. Hepatic steatosis after pediatric liver transplant. Liver Transpl. 2017 Jul;23(7):957-967.
- Choi WT, Ramachandran R, Kakar S. Immunohistochemical approach for the diagnosis of a liver mass on small biopsy specimens. Hum Pathol. 2017 Jan 10. pii: S0046-8177(17)30014-X.