Sending Slides and/or Blocks
- Fill out the Surgical Pathology Consultation Requisition Form.
- Please include a copy of the patient's insurance card, with preauthorization if needed, as well as the pathology report from the original institution.
- Patient history and any available radiographic imaging and clinical pictures are appreciated.
- Place slides in a slide container and tape the lid.
- Wrap the slide container in bubble wrap, if possible, and/or use a bubble wrap lined manila envelope.
- Place blocks in a carrier or plastic bag. Blocks may be placed in a container with a refrigerant gel pack for protection against melting that may occur during shipping.
- Send the specimens as well as all documents via local courier or FedEx Priority Overnight.
UCSF Department of Pathology
Attn: Consultation Services
1600 Divisadero Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Phone: (415) 353-1613
Fax : (415) 353-7276
UCSF Laboratory Medicine – Hematopathology
Attn: Iryna Yarova
University of California, San Francisco
505 Parnassus Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94143-0451
Phone: (415) 353-1672
Fax: (415) 353-1106