Assistant Investigator, Vitalant Research Institute
Our long-term research goals are to improve our understanding of the wide range of immune consequences to transfusion and other allogeneic exposures and to identify methods to modulate these responses to protect against alloimmunization and rejection. Through the use of our novel transfusion mouse models alongside clinical samples from a range of alloexposure patients, our goal is to identify the mechanisms involved in regulating the alloresponse, evaluate protective approaches, and determine how these responses may vary in different types of patients.
- Jackman, R.P., Utter, G.H., Muench, M.O., Heitman, J.H., Munz, M.M., Jackman, R.W., Biswas, H., Rivers, R.M., Tobler, L.H., Busch, M.P., Norris, P.J. (2012). â€œDistinct roles of trauma and transfusion in induction of immune dysregulation post-injury.â€ Transfusion 52(12): 2533-50. PMC3392528.
- Jackman, R.P., Muench, M.O., Heitman, J.H., Law, J.P., Inglis, H., Marschner S., Goodrich R.P., Norris P.J. (2013). â€œImmune Modulation and Lack of Alloimmunization Following Transfusion with Pathogen Reduced Platelets in Mice.â€ Transfusion 53(11):2697-2709
- Jackman, R.P., Deng, X., Bolgiano, D., Lebedeva, M., Heitman, J.W., Busch, M.P., Slichter, S., Norris P.J. (2013). â€œLow-level HLA antibodies do not predict platelet transfusion failure in TRAP study participants.â€ Blood 121(16):3261-3266.
- Jackman, R.P., Cruz, G.I., Nititham,, J., Triulzi, D.J., Barcellos, L.F., Criswell, L.A., Norris, P.J., Busch, M.P. (2018). â€œIncreased Allo and Auto Reactive Anti-Human Leukocyte Antigen Antibodies Associated With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.â€ Lupus Science & Medicine, 5(1):e000278.
- Tran, J.Q., Muench, M.O., Heitman, J.W., Jackman, R.P. (2019). â€œAllogeneic major histocompatibility complex antigens are necessary and sufficient for partial tolerance induced by transfusion of pathogen reduced platelets in mice.â€ Vox Sanguinis, In Press.