Luke N. Rodda, PhD
The analytical method development and validation of Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC) with tandem (LC-MS-MS) and Quadrupole Time of Flight (QTOF) Mass Spectrometry techniques.
The analysis and reporting of alcohol, drugs and poisons in medico-legal casework including death investigation, drug impaired driving and drug facilitated crimes.
Providing toxicological interpretation, expert court testimony & overseeing forensic toxicology operations for the City and County of San Francisco.
Monitoring of Novel Psychoactive Substances.
Oral Fluid utilization in the DUID casework.
Culture, Value, and Diversity in Forensic Sciences
Drug harm reduction in recreational opioid use, mental health, drug impaired driving, drug facilitated sexual assault within the community.
- Martucci HF, Ingle EA, Hunter MD, Rodda LN (2018) Distribution of Furanyl Fentanyl and 4-ANPP in an Accidental Acute Death: A Case Report. Forensic Sci International. 283: e13-e17
- Rodda LN, Volk JA, Moffat E. Williams CM, Lynch KL, Wu A (2017) Evaluation of Intraosseous Fluid as an Alternative Biological Specimen in Postmortem Toxicology. J Analytical Toxicology. 42(3): 163-169.
- Rodda LN, Pilgrim JL, Crump K, DiRago M, Gerostamoulos D Drummer OH (2017) A Cluster of Fentanyl-Laced Heroin Deaths in 2015 in Melbourne, Australia. J Analytical Toxicology. 41(4): 318-324
- DiRago M, Chu M, Rodda LN, Jenkins E, Kotsos A, Gerostamoulos D (2016) Ultra-rapid targeted analysis of 40 drugs of abuse in oral fluid by LC-MS/MS using carbon-13 isotopes of methamphetamine and MDMA to reduce detector saturation. 408(14): 3737-49.
- Rodda LN, Gerostamoulos D, Drummer OH (2013) The Rapid Identification and Quantification of Iso-α-acids and Reduced Iso-α-acids in Blood using UHPLC-MS/MS: Validation of a Novel Marker for Beer Consumption. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 405 (30): 9755-9767.
- 2014 Best Publication (Young Scientist Award), TIAFT – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2014 First Travel Award – Aus and New Zealand Forensic Science Society Symposium – Adelaide, Australia
- 2014 Highly Commended Oral Presentation Award, RACI R&D Conference – Adelaide, Australia
- 2013 Best Peer-Reviewed Paper: Early Career Researcher, SPHPM – Monash University
- 2013 Postgraduate Travel Grant Award – Monash University
- 2013 First Scholarship Prize – Forensic & Clinical Toxicology Association Meeting