Deborah French, PhD
Laboratory Medicine, Box 0134
185 Berry Street, Suite 290
San Francisco, CA 94107
My interests lie in the field of mass spectrometry and how we can utilize this technique to measure analytes in clinical samples. Currently we are running LC-MS/MS assays to measure total testosterone, estradiol, busulfan, voriconazole, posaconazole and isavuconazole for the patients at UCSF Medical Center. We are currently developing other small molecule assays and plan to work on protein assays in the future.
- Wu, A.H.B., Gerona, R.R., Armenian, P., French, D., Petrie, M. and Lynch, K.L. (2012) Role of liquid chromatography-high resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HR/MS) in clinical toxicology. Clinical Toxicology. 50(8):733-742.
- French D. (2013) Development and validation of a serum total testosterone liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) assay calibrated to NIST SRM 971. Clinica Chimica Acta, 415:109-117.
- French, D., Sujishi, K.K., Long-Boyle, J.R. and Ritchie, J.C. (2014) Development and validation of a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) assay to quantify plasma busulfan. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 36: 169-174.
- French, D. (2016) Advances in bioanalytical techniques to measure steroid hormones in serum. Invited Review. Bioanalysis. 8(11):1203-1219.
- French, D. (2017) Advances in clinical mass spectrometry. Invited review. Advances in Clinical Chemistry. 79:153-198.
- Smith, A., Dowis, J., and French, D. (2018) Quantification of serum voriconazole, isavuconazole and posaconazole by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Invited submission. Current Protocols in Toxicology. e47.