Other UCSF Organizational Association(s)
- UCSF Biosafety Committee Chairman
- University Relations with Industry Committee (Conflict of Interest Committee)
- UCSF Wide Occupational Health and Communicable Disease Assessment Committee
Research and Clinical Interests
- Translational research in defining the role macrophages play in the pathogenesis of diseases such as AIDS and chronic neurologic diseases.
- Development of macrophage targeted therapeutics, interfacing the UCSF research program with private industry.
- Facilitation of collaborative research AIDS malignancy through managing the AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR).
- Lamers SL, Salemi M, Galligan D, de Oliveira T, Fogel GB, Granier SC, Zhao L, Brown JN, Morris A, Masliah E, McGrath, MS. Extensive HIV-1 intra-host recombination is common in tissues with abnormal histopathology. PLoS ONE, Vol 4, Issue 3, Mar 2009.
- Lamers SL, Salemi M, Galligan DC, Morris A, Gray R, Fogel G, Zhao L, McGrath MS. Human immunodeficiency virus-1 evolutionary patterns associated with pathogenic processes in the brain. J Neurovirol, 16(3):230-41, Jun 2010.
- Zhang R, Hadlock KG, Do H, Yu S, Honrada R, Champion S, Forshew D, Madison C, Katz J, Miller RG, McGrath MS. Gene expression profiling in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (sALS). J Neuroimmunol, Sep 2010 (Epub ahead of print).
- Lamers SL, Poon AF, McGrath MS. HIV-1 nef protein structures associated with brain infection and dementia pathogenesis. PLoS One, 6(2):e16659. Feb 2011.
- Zhang R, Miller RG, Madison C, Jin X, Honrada R, Harris W, Katz J, Forshew DA, McGrath MS. Systemic immune system alterations in early stages of Alzheimer's disease. J Neuroimmunol. 2013 Feb 1. [Epub ahead of print]