Luke A. Perkocha, MD, MBA
Research and Clinical Interests
I am a native San Franciscan, who first ventured only slightly East across Bay waters to UC Berkeley, where I studied the molecular biology of DNA replication. Being somewhat braver a few years later, I went much further west across the Pacific to take a position in marine biology research in a laboratory on the island of Oahu. After first collaborating on projects with laboratories of the University of Hawaii Medical School, I eventually attended school there, earning my MD degree. I returned home to UC San Francisco to complete my residency in Anatomic Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
- Patient Safety: On the Strategic and Marketing Radar Screen. Perkocha LA in Healthcare Marketing Advisor. February 2008.
- Experts Discuss How Rising Costs and Tight Budgets May Affect Healthcare's Future. Perkocha LA, interviewed in Cor Healthcare Market Strategist. May - Aug 2003; volume 4; nos. 5-8.
- Perkocha, LA. Secure Online Communication Edges Closer for Physicians. SCMA Journal. (July 2000) 49:7.
- Perkocha LA. Melanoma Classification: Common and Unusual Variants; in Melanoma: State of the Art Reviews; ed. LeBoit PE; Hanley and Belfus, Philadelphia, PA (1994).
- Berger TG, Perkocha LA. Bacillary Angiomatosis; in AIDS Clinical Reviews; ed. Volberding P, Jacobson MA; Marcel-Dekker, New York (1991).
- Perkocha LA, Geaghan SM, Yen TSB, Nishimura SL, Chan SP, Garcia-Kennedy R, Honda G, Stoloff AC, Klein HZ, Goldman RL, VanMeter S, Ferrell LD, LeBoit PE: HIV-Associated Peliosis Hepatis: Clinical and Pathologic Features of an Unusual Opportunistic Bacillary Infection. New Engl J Med (1990) 323:1581.
- Liu LF, Perkocha LA, Calendar R, Wang JC: Knotted DNA from Bacteriophage Capsids. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA (1981) 78:5498.
- HS Associate Professor of Pathology and Dermatology, Associate Director of Surgical Pathology
- Phone: 415-885-7254
- Pager: 415-443-7082
- Fax: 415-353-7676
- 1600 Divisadero Street, Room B221
- Box 1785
- San Francisco, CA 94143
- Mt. Zion