Linda Jeng, MD, PhD, FACMG
Research and Clinical Interests
Dr. Jeng is interested in the development of new molecular tests that can be offered in the clinical setting with a particular interest in clinical molecular genetics. She is particularly interested in translational research and providing molecular support for research protocols as appropriate.
- Demaree HA, Pu J, Jesberger J, Feeny N, Jeng L, Everhart DE, Duerk J, Tkach J. 5HTTLPR predicts left fusiform gyrus activation to positive emotional stimuli. Magn Reson Imaging. 2008 Oct 10.
- Shinawi M, Shao L, Jeng LJ, Shaw CA, Patel A, Bacino C, Sutton VR, Belmont J, Cheung SW. Low-level mosaicism of trisomy 14: phenotypic and molecular characterization. Am J Med Genet A. 2008 Jun 1;146A(11):1395-1405.
- Putcha GV, Bejjani BA, Bleoo S, Booker JK, Carey JC, Carson N, Das S, Dempsey MA, Gastier-Foster JM, Greinwald JH Jr, Hoffmann ML, Jeng LJ, Kenna MA, KhababaI, Lilley M, Mao R, Muralidharan K, Otani IM, Rehm HL, Schaefer F, Seltzer WK, Spector EB, Springer MA, Weck KE, Wenstrup RJ, Withrow S, Wu BL, Zariwala MA, Schrijver I. A multicenter study of the frequency and distribution of GJB2 and GJB6 mutations in a large North American cohort. Genet Med. 2007 Jul;9(7):413-426.
- Jeng LJ, Balice-Gordon RJ, Messing A, Fischbeck KH, Scherer SS (2006). The effects of a dominant connexin32 mutant in myelinating Schwann cells. Mol Cell Neurosci;32(3):283-298.
- Mehra S, Christ L, Jeng L, Zinn AB, Schwartz S (2005). Characterization of a familial balanced rec(13) in a child with mild MR and his half-sibling with two structurally rearranged chromosomes 13. Am J Med Genet A;137(2):217-221.
- Scherer SS, Xu YT, Messing A, Willecke K, Fischbeck KH, Jeng LJ (2005). Transgenic expression of human connexin32 in myelinating Schwann cells prevents demyelination in connexin32-null mice. J Neurosci;25(6):1550-1559.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Laboratory Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
- Director of Molecular Genetics, Medical Director of Molecular Diagnostics (Inherited Disorders), and Assistant Director of Cytogenetics
- Phone: (415) 514-8218
- Fax: (415) 353-4877
- UCSF Clinical Labs at China Basin
- 185 Berry Street, Suite 290
- San Francisco, CA 94107
- Moffitt-Long Hospital